logo

Home     About Us     Menu & Tea Services     Contact Us     Press & Links
   

Steeped in local history and folklore, Smythe’s Cottage is believed to have been built on property where the blacksmith shop for the Kenmore Estate once stood. Although the original stables and blacksmith facilities are long since gone, the existing structure, which was built as a private residence sometime between 1830 and 1850, still honors the legend with its fitting name.

Rumor has it that during the Civil War years Smythe’s Cottage was used as a house of ill repute. Not only that, it is also believed to be home to not one, but two ghosts – a man and a young woman named Elizabeth whom we have honored here by naming one of our afternoon tea services for her. We hope to keep her happy as we have heard she can be quite mischievous.

In the 1970’s, Smythe’s Cottage was turned into a colonial style restaurant and is now operating as Pinkadilly Tea. Although much has changed since the last owners were here, we hope we can do Smythe’s Cottage proud by continuing to serve delicious food in a warm and inviting atmosphere. Thank you for joining us.

   

Web design by ScheyderWeb.com